PSP has partnered with Canadian Tire Jumpstart to provide financial assistance to families with children aged 4 to 18 in accessing recreation programs and equipment.
Formed in 2005, Jumpstart is a registered charity that helps children from financially disadvantaged families participate in organized sports and physical activity. Jumpstart gives funding to help with registration fees, equipment and transportation.
Who Can Apply?
All serving Regular Force CAF members, Veterans, and Reservists who have children aged 4 to 18 are eligible to apply for funding through the Canadian Tire Jumpstart Application process.
New users (anyone that has not applied for funding in 2022) should Register and follow the instructions to set up their family account.
Once you have set up your account you can apply for funding.
- Click Grant Applications
- Click Individual Child Grant
- Before you start, click Safe Draft at the bottom of the page
- On the Eligibility page, complete all the questions
- Answer Yes to the question “Do you have extenuating circumstances...”
- In the text box, explain your circumstances and that you are a member of the Canadian Armed Forces
- Please ensure you attach a copy of pages 1 and 2 of your most recent CCB statement
- Continue the application by completing all required fields and submit