Canadian Forces Newspapers Youth Reporter Competition
5 Topic Categories
Participant’s story idea can be in a variety of formats such as a written article, a video report, a podcast or photography to allow for more creative freedom.
Growing Up in a Military Family:
A personal piece in regards to what life looks like in a military family
Example: What are the challenges and opportunities brought forth by moving frequently?
Health & Wellness:
- What does wellbeing mean to you? (mental, physical, social, financial)
- A piece in regards to mental, physical, emotional or spiritual wellbeing.
- Example: How does regular exercise affect your daily life? What habits have you developed that have had a positive impact on your self-esteem and mental wellbeing?
Heroes in my community:
- A piece about someone you look up to in your community, and or a figure who has had a positive impact on your life.
- Example: Is there a teacher or mentor in your life that has had a positive impact on your life? What did you learn from them? What teachings would you pass down to others?
Inspired to inspire
- A thoughtful and inspiring piece in regards to a theme or subject that resonates with you.
- Example: What has been your biggest lesson learned in the last year and why?
- A subject of your choice in the medium of your choice to encourage creative freedom.